Saturday, August 16, 2008

Cheesy Ain't Always Bad

I would be a much thinner woman in a world without chocolate or cheese. Or with some willpower.

But we live the life we have, right? And my life has Broccoli and Cheese Soup, tomorrow's Learn To Cook/Quick Dinner recipe. You'll need:

one onion
fresh garlic
Chicken broth (preferably low-sodium)
Broccoli
2% milk but really, any kind of milk is fine - your soup will be thinner and more calorie conscious with 1% or skim, and richer and thicker with whole milk.
Light Velveeta. Yes, Velveeta. On my blog! There's probably a $30/pound cheddar that melts just as beautifully, but we don't eat like that here.

Sorry for the short post, but I'm en route to Girl Trip '08. I had big plans of visiting grandparents and doing productive things, but I'm throwing responsibility and fiscal caution to the wind - it's all about me, me, ME! for the weekend.

Of coure the question to be answered is this: Can I really continue to write a food blog once I'm on a calorie- and budget-conscious diet of gruel? Stay tuned.

No comments: